- RSS Channel Showcase 5473343
- RSS Channel Showcase 7271782
- RSS Channel Showcase 8054549
- RSS Channel Showcase 2531839
Articles on this Page
- 07/27/15--00:58: _Bitty Brooklyn Bung...
- 01/11/16--21:55: _Vladislav Doronin M...
- 01/12/16--10:23: _David Lichtenstein’...
- 07/18/16--03:45: _Downtown Brooklyn W...
- 09/19/16--01:14: _Fearless Developmen...
- 11/07/16--00:43: _Affordable Brooklyn...
- 12/13/16--23:41: _Montauk Colony – Li...
- 01/02/17--01:52: _New York’s Passive ...
- 09/04/17--03:44: _Jehovah’s Witnesses...
- 11/05/17--05:23: _Florida Developer P...
- 12/25/17--05:11: _Art Deco and Neocla...
- 02/05/18--01:33: _Out with the Old an...
- 05/24/18--01:21: _Pouya David Yadegar...
- 09/28/18--03:02: _Habitat for Humanit...
- 10/14/18--02:21: _Downtown Brooklyn G...
- 07/27/15--00:58: Bitty Brooklyn Bungalow Has Astronomical Price Tag
- 01/11/16--21:55: Vladislav Doronin Makes it to Top 20 Power Player List
- 07/18/16--03:45: Downtown Brooklyn Welcomes Ashland Into Its Heart
- 09/19/16--01:14: Fearless Development of Brooklyn’s Waterfront Proceeds Apace
- 11/07/16--00:43: Affordable Brooklyn? Try Sheepshead Bay
- 12/13/16--23:41: Montauk Colony – Living the Dream
- 01/02/17--01:52: New York’s Passive Houses
- 09/04/17--03:44: Jehovah’s Witnesses Sell Property as they Divest from Brooklyn
- 12/25/17--05:11: Art Deco and Neoclassical Coming Together in Williamsburg
- 09/28/18--03:02: Habitat for Humanity Brings Home Ownership to 15 Brooklyn Families
- 10/14/18--02:21: Downtown Brooklyn Getting Taller
A tiny home in Windsor Terrace has an asking price designed to make prospective buyers take notice. The 900-square-foot, three-bedroom bungalow with a wild front and back yards was placed on the market for a cool $1.25 million. The little home is sandwiched between two much larger homes, giving the impression that it didn’t get […]
Who are New York City’s power players? Which real estate business men and women are making the most noise in the City? In this article we read about a few of the main players for 2015, one of whom is Vladislav Doronin of Moscow-based Capital Group. Making it to the list of ‘Top 20 biggest […]
The Gowanus apartment lottery attracted way more bidders than units available. This shouldn’t have come as such a great surprise since the price was right and the location, most sought-after. But deciding to purchase the land to on which to build this property was not only a risk for David Lichstenstein, CEO and founder of […]
The transformation of Brooklyn’s cultural center has taken a huge step forward with the opening of the Ashland residential tower. The tower is located at the meeting point of Fort Greene and Downtown Brooklyn, where the cultural institutions are located with the Brooklyn Academy of Music as the anchor. New York has spent over $100 […]
The memory of Hurricane Sandy and the devastation it left in its wake seems to be quickly fading for many as developers clamor to bring modern structures into the most vulnerable Brooklyn neighborhoods. Take Sheepshead Bay, for instance. Once a sleepy fishing village, parts of the neighborhood lie within the riskiest of the city’s six […]
Although the average rental in Brooklyn is considerably less than Manhattan’s sky-high prices, the range in Brooklyn is wide. Some people who might be thinking, based on Brooklyn’s overall average rent, that living in Brooklyn is still too costly, should consider some of the borough’s less expensive neighborhoods. There are three areas in Brooklyn where […]
If you want to own a piece of property in Montauk or you’re hoping to find a rental, you have many options. There are many real estate agents who can help you to find the right property for your needs. After all, if you’re investing your time and money in a property, you want it […]
The passive house standard was established less than a decade ago in Germany by the Passivhaus Institut. Given the advantages to the environment and energy bills it provides, it soon spread to other parts of the world including the New York area. As such, it gave various professionals in the industry (including Rocco Basile of […]
Jehovah’s Witnesses are sold off close to their last bits of Brooklyn real estate in the wake of their relocation to Upstate New York. The most recent sale was of their Brooklyn Heights, 12-story, 97-unit apartment building for $58 million. The sale of 97 Columbia Heights was to a Los Angeles-based investment firm, Hawkins Way […]
The post Jehovah’s Witnesses Sell Property as they Divest from Brooklyn appeared first on Gowanus Lounge.
A building in Brooklyn which was the property of Jehovah’s Witnesses was sold to a developer based in Florida, the Wall Street Journal reported. The developer, Kayne Anderson, paid $200 million for the 16-story apartment building located in Brooklyn Heights. The developer renamed the building The Watermark at Brooklyn Heights, whereas it was previously known […]
The post Florida Developer Purchases Jehovah Witness Building: Converting to Luxury Senior Living appeared first on Gowanus Lounge.
The area is being cleared and the foundations being dug in preparation for the construction of Brooklyn’s newest combo project: The Dime Savings Bank /Residential tower. Proceeding apace, Williamsburg’s historic Dime Savings Bank will see a specially designed 248-foot tower rise adjacent, incorporating the Dime’s neoclassical design into the art-deco inspired design of the tower. […]
The post Art Deco and Neoclassical Coming Together in Williamsburg appeared first on Gowanus Lounge.
New York is an old city which is constantly growing and renewing itself. Unfortunately, for growth to happen, sometimes beautiful and historic buildings need to be demolished. The following buildings are on the chopping block. Here is a little bit about each one. Sunshine Cinema on the Lower East Side showed their last movie at […]
The post Out with the Old and In with the New: Historic Buildings Facing Destruction appeared first on Gowanus Lounge.
There are several reasons stocks can be a great investment vehicle along with real estate. Therefore, it is not surprising when Principal and CIO of Prime Opportunities Investment Group LLC, Pouya David Yadegar, became interested in stocks. Before founding the firm, Pouya managed his own family’s wealth through investments in high-end Los Angeles real estate. […]
The post Pouya David Yadegar: How one investor applied real estate skills to equity investing appeared first on Gowanus Lounge.
Fifteen Brooklyn families are realizing their dream of owning homes in Brooklyn through a years-long project of the non-profit organization Habitat for Humanity. The project was launched about ten years ago, according to CEO of Habitat for Humanity Karen Haycox. “We’ve been holding the property and putting the project together for the better part of […]
The post Habitat for Humanity Brings Home Ownership to 15 Brooklyn Families appeared first on Gowanus Lounge.
Until 2010 the Williamsburg Savings Bank Tower, with its iconic illuminated clock, at 512-feet-tall, was the tallest building in all of Brooklyn. The rezoning of Downtown Brooklyn 2004 invited the construction of taller and taller buildings in an attempt to grow the city without encroaching on the already scarce open spaces in the fast-growing borough. […]